What is Give Local MOV?
- Give Local Mid-Ohio Valley is a 24-hour online-only giving challenge that connects community members with local nonprofits to reinforce the value of philanthropic giving and community engagement.
- On May 5, 2015 only, donors can make gifts of $10 or more to participating nonprofits that are located in or provide services to Calhoun, Doddridge, Gilmer, Jackson, Mason, Pleasants, Ritchie, Roane, Wirt, Wood counties in West Virginia and Washington County, Ohio.
Just visit this page any time on May 5, 2015, to make your secure donation. Donations must be made through Give Local MOV in order for the nonprofits to be eligible for matching funds and grant prizes.
The Parkersburg Area Community Foundation and Regional Affiliates (PACF) is once again sponsoring Give Local MOV, part of the nationwide Give Local America. Last year, together we raised: $115,000 from 528 donors for 36 nonprofits
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
- Showcase the Mid-Ohio Valley’s spirit of giving
- Raise awareness in our area about the valuable services of our nonprofit partners
- Generate funds for our local nonprofit partners
- Attract and build the next generation of philanthropists for the Mid-Ohio Valley area
- Demonstrate how online giving and social media work through this pilot project so our community can be prepared to use these tools
Become a Sponsor
Become a sponsor of Give Local MOV! All nonprofits that receive gifts through Give Local MOV may receive matching funds and may be eligible for bonus prizes made possible by generous sponsors. Let us know today if you’d like to contribute. The larger the pool, the more money for our nonprofit participants!
- Help provide matching funds available for all partners in the Give Local MOV event.
- Help provide matching funds available for a specific field of interest (Education, Arts, etc.).
- Help provide matching funds for a specific participating organization
- Help provide hourly incentive prizes (Example: Prize to organization with the first donor.)
For sponsorship inquiries, please contact PACF staff member Julie Boyce at firstname.lastname@example.org