WHAT IS GIVE LOCAL MOV?
Give Local MOV is a 24-hour online giving challenge led by Our Community’s Foundation (Parkersburg Area Community Foundation and Regional Affiliates) to raise unrestricted dollars for the non-profits in our community for which we manage charitable funds. Through a partnership between Our Community’s Foundation and invited local non-profits, donors from throughout our region will come together to raise significant funds for local needs – all on a single day.
WHEN IS IT?
May 6, 2014 – A national day of giving to celebrate the 100th anniversary of community foundations across the country.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
- To bring many people together around giving, showcasing the Mid-Ohio Valley’s spirit of giving
- To raise awareness in our area about the valuable services of our nonprofit partners
- To generate unrestricted dollars for our local nonprofit partners at a time when more is being required with fewer resources
- To attract and build the next generation of philanthropists for the Mid-Ohio Valley area
- To demonstrate how online giving and social media work through this pilot project so our community can be prepared to use these tools
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Easy! On May 6, 2014 anyone can visit http://www.givelocalmov.org and choose the nonprofit(s) to which they want to give. Then dollars from our local match pool and bonus prizes will be used to amplify gifts!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Organizations: Non-profit organizations with charitable funds at Our Community’s Foundation that are invited to participate, sent a representative to the orientation meeting, signed the Give Local MOV memo of understanding and created their profiles on GiveLocalMOV.org by March 14, 2014 are eligible to participate in Give Local MOV and to compete for incentive prizes. Check the Leaderboard tab to see which non-profits have registered to participate.
- Donors: Every community member is a potential donor for Give Local MOV. Individuals can make online donations to any participating non-profit with a minimum donation of $10.